[tlhIngan Hol] General Advice

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 6 00:32:36 PST 2017

Hi there,

I do not know how much you know about Klingon already, but the first
thing to do is read everything you find in the mailing list's FAQ:

Am 06.01.2017 um 03:52 schrieb Juliana Bukoski:
> Anyway, my plan is to go back to vocab and sentences, keep listening to
> the audio books (the Klingon Way and the one for tourists),

Don NOT, NEVER ever again, listen to the audio book version of The
Klingon Way. The pronunciation is really, really, bad.
You better listen to "Conversational Klingon" and "Power Klingon".
If you like listening, there is also an audiobook version of the TalkNow
software:
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Rhythms

> In particular, is there anywhere I can search for answers to grammar
> questions that may have been previously discussed on this email list or

AS said before, there is the FAQ. Much detailed information is found in
the KLI's HolQeD, but that's usually more advanced level grammar.

I suggest you browse the Klingon Wiki, it has many of those questions
summarized, for instance starting here:
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/HowDoISay

Maybe a good way to memorize words is to color the words in your abook
according to word type. See http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ColoringWords

Am 06.01.2017 um 08:46 schrieb De'vID:
 > We don't mind answering the same questions. If anything, beginners on
 > this mailing list may be scared away by the fact that whenever someone
 > asks a question, five or six people will provide answers, some in too
 > much detail. Ask away.

If you want to avoid getting several (sometimes confusing) answers, then
add the code KLBC to your message, to the get the Beginners' Grammarian
attention: www.klingonwiki.net/En/KLBC

I hope I could help with this.

--
Lieven L. Litaer