[tlhIngan Hol] Interesting time stamp

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 5 10:06:16 PST 2017

There’s a similar use of {nungbogh} in the confusing “Message to Kronos”:

poH tuj bI'reS nungbogh wa' jaj qeylIS DIS chorghvatlh loSmaH jav qaStaHvIS. [sic]
In the days that follow the summer solstice in the Year of Kahless 846.     ('U'-MTK)

There’s a usage note from qep’a’ 2015 which may be relevant:

   When asked about navigating lists or events, [Maltz] gave us {vorgh} “be
   previous” (opposite of {veb} “be next)”.  Can also use {nungbogh} ({nung”
   “precede”) …

{vorgh} was used in the NASM tour (North American X-15):

muDDaq neH muD Dujmey vorgh lu'orlu', 'ach loghDaq puvlaH Dujmey
 'orbogh nuv 'e' 'agh X-wa'maH vagh.

--
Voragh

On Behalf Of Brian Cote

Interesting.
I should have included the original text.

This is what Kotar and Molor
Have said to Kahless
In the hours before battle.

I would have assumed a {qaStaHvIS} construction here.