[tlhIngan Hol] Quick learner problem

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jan 4 10:39:51 PST 2017

After thinking about the latest heated discussions, here some thoughts
or advice for any other beginners.

I believe that mayqel is struggling with some kind of a "data overflow"
in a computer: In an incredibly short time, he acquired mostly all of
the grammar and I'm sure he also knows a big amount of vocabulary, but
his brain cannot combine it properly.

What he is lacking, is experience. Only experience teaches the brain to
use the learned material. Language is not a code, don't just talk
Klingon, you must think like a klingon.

I use to tell my students: If you encounter a problem, an idea you
cannot express, then put it aside. Get used to the language, and soon
you will find out that your problem was not a real problem.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh