[tlhIngan Hol] Quvar, QISmaS cake Davutta''a'

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Tue Jan 3 10:28:02 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 12:32 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> because I do want to help beginners, from now on I will put each
> sentence in its own line, and use curly brackets to single it out
> according to tkd. and if a beginner wants to discuss any sentence, I
> will be happy to reply.

TKD doesn't use { } anywhere. Those are there because in TKD *italics* and
*bold* are used for tlhIngan Hol sentences and their translations, but
plain text doesn't support them.

> but I will be damned if I use punctuation ever again. I am not writing
> to entertain "experts"; I am writing in order to practice and yes help
> others. As qurgh said, this list is to help people learn. Not to
> please you "experts".

Skipping punctuation won't help beginners, since most beginners expect it
and most Klingon texts use them. Everyone on this list conformed to the
list standards while they helped teach you Klingon. They didn't post blocks
of text with no punctuation and then expected you to struggle your way
through it. Why do you feel the need to spite new beginners by making it
more difficult for them? Punctuation isn't there for the writer, but for
the reader.

qurgh