[tlhIngan Hol] Quvar, QISmaS cake Davutta''a'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 11:39:26 PST 2017

On 2 January 2017 at 20:14, Felix Malmenbeck <felixm at kth.se> wrote:
> In any event, I suspect that punctuation might be less standardized in
> Klingon than it is in English, and therefore be used mainly for the sake of
> clarity and disambiguation.
>
> When writing a single, simple sentence, as is often the case in TKD,
> punctuation might not be considered very important, and might even be
> completely optional.
>
> When writing poetry, punctuation might follow (or boldly subvert!) the
> standards of the form one is using.

We're not talking about punctuation in {pIqaD}, of which we have
examples in the SkyBox cards. We're talking about punctuation in the
Latin transcription, which is a convention only. The convention
established in canon for regular text (as opposed to poetry, or when
dissecting a sentence for grammatical exposition) is to use commas,
periods, and question marks as appropriate.

--
De'vID