[tlhIngan Hol] <<poSayDon>> continued

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 01:08:46 PST 2017

Am 01.02.2017 um 21:07 schrieb Brian Cote:
> Well, I probably should have posted the original
> sentence.

You didn't inlcude the message you are referring to, but this seems to
go to me.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the image I get is of him
> actually driving through the waters, submarine-like,
> on his chariot (earlier Kafka used "kutschieren"
> /to drive a horse drawn carriage/).

Yes, this is true. But the text does not refer to him crossing the sea,
{chIq} which implies just getting from A to B. What he says is like
travelling all over the place.

It's like a US american saying that he has not seen the entire country.
Traveling the country is something different from flying form NY to LA.

And {vergh} dos not work, because that's going trough a door, not an ocean.

That's why I suggested {lengchu'}, maybe using a different word, but
this hits the point.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh