[tlhIngan Hol] -lI': intentional or not?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 28 07:20:28 PST 2017

Lieven wrote:
>> as long as we don't have
>> better examples, I keep feeling that {Heghta'} only makes sense
>> in the Heghbat Ritual.
>
> I'd like to add that I do accept {HeghlI'}:
> even without dying intentionally, the goal is known.

to add wood to the fire, here are examples of {-lI'} from the {paq'batlh}:

Heghrup loSlI'
[Waiting for Death to Come] (Chapter title)

SaqSubDaq pagh Qoylu'
    Qong SuvwI'pu' puqpu' rur
    Heghrup loSlI'
juH qachchajDaq juH qachchajDaq
    Heghrup loSlI'
    Heghrup
In the *Saq'sub* all is quiet,
    Its warriors asleep, like children
    Waiting for death to come
In their homes, in their homes,
    Waiting for death to come,
    Death to come.

yatlh luqara' puqloD wa'DIch qenglI'
Lukara, pregnant of ["carrying"] their first-born son

Daq HopHa'Daq
    qa'chaj nejlI'
    qotar qempa'QeH je

qeylIS He tlha'meH qamchIy veng ghoSlI' qotar

nItebHa' yIntaHmeH
    Sanchaj luqaD
    nItebHa' SuvlI'

ghu'vam qellI' qotar

tuH molor 'ach ghur QeH 'ej pe'vIl HarghlI'

Unfortunately, I don't have the published translations for some of these.  I'd be grateful if someone could oblige.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'