[tlhIngan Hol] -lI': intentional or not?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Feb 26 03:32:44 PST 2017

I had some more thoughts about this and what I said, and found the
answer to my own question:

TKD gives the example {chollI'} "it (the torpedo) is getting closer"

"when it is known that the missile has been aimed at that target."

This does confirm that the thing does not itself have the intention to
do what it does, a torpedoe does not "think" or "intend" to do what it
does. The speaker does also not "intend" what is happening. He is
neutral as describing what is going on: {chollI' peng} is to me the same
as {pumlI' nagh}.

At least I found the explanation to what was my first reaction:

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh