[tlhIngan Hol] KLBC - How to say "I like to do/doing something

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 15 00:35:52 PST 2017

----Original message----
>From : Christoph.PICHLMANN at agrana.com
Date : 15/02/2017 - 06:41 (GMTST)
To : tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org
Subject : Re: [tlhIngan Hol] KLBC - How to say "I like to do/doing something

That reminded me of something a character in the Discworld novels said - I've tried to translate it, but I don' think I really succeeded.

Here's my attempt:

*pab chut* bIHmeH Dachovchu' DabIvpa'.

The (paraphrased) quote from Prattchet: "Rules are there so you think before you break them."

That analyses out as:-

pab may mean:-
- V:follow_rules
- N:grammar

chut may mean:-
- N:law

bIHmeH may mean:-
- P:they_nonsentient VS9:for_purpose

Dachovchu' may mean:-
- PP:you_sg/[he|it|them] V:[assess|evaluate]* VS6:[clearly|perfectly]

DabIvpa' may mean:-
- PP:you_sg/[he|it|them] V:break_rules VS9:before

"For the purpose of [letting] grammar rules exist, you perfectly assess them before you break them."

"In order for grammar rules to exist, you perfectly assess them before you break them."

I am tempted to try:-

pab chut Dachovchu'meH DabIvpa', pab chut bIHtaH.