[tlhIngan Hol] KLBC - How to say "I like to do/doing something"

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 23:52:16 PST 2017

Am 14.02.2017 um 22:02 schrieb Ed Bailey:
> jatlh Quvar:
>
>     Am 14.02.2017 um 21:19 schrieb SuStel:
>
>         (Although we know we can put *-Ha'* on a lot of adverbials, we
>         have no
>         evidence we can put any other verb suffixes on them.)
>

>     Indeed. Here is some workaround for that:
>     http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ComparingAdverbs
>     <http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ComparingAdverbs>
>

> Hmm, that workaround doesn't seem to work to intensify *ghaytan*. *vut
> ghaytanHa' 'e' muSqu'* seems to mean "It's unlikely he really hates to
> cook," and not "It's really unlikely he hates to cook."

It works not more or less than {nom yIghoSqu'}. Following your
interpretation that should be "you must really go, and very fast"
instead of "go really fast".

Following the described workaround, you must see the entire phrase as
the thing intensified by {-qu'}:

{ [vut ghaytanHa' 'e' muS]-qu'}

I do understand it sounds a bitt strange, and I'm also not so sure if
that is all perfect.

Another way may be using the word {jay'}, which also intesntifes the
entire phrase, without being stuck to a specific word:

{vut ghaytanHa' 'e' muS jay'}

Very speculative, but I would accept it in poetry:
{ghaytanHa' jay' vut 'e' muS}

Just my thoughts though.

--
Lieven L. Litaer