[tlhIngan Hol] KLBC - How to say "I like to do/doing something"

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:51:49 PST 2017

jatlh SuStel:

<muS> jatlhpu' 'Iv? <parHa'> jatlhlu'pu'. pIm <-qangqu'> <'e' parHa'> je.

(Although we know we can put *-Ha'* on a lot of adverbials, we have no
evidence we can put any other verb suffixes on them.)

<muS> ngaSbogh mu'tlheghwIj DalaDHa'pu''a'?

rap <-qangqu'> <'e' parHa'> je not 'e' vIchup. 'a motlh cha'DIchmo' qaS
wa'DIch.
It is interesting news to me that we have no evidence for other suffixes
than *-Ha'* being used on adverbials. I know I've seen *-qu'* used thus by
skilled speakers, though offhand I couldn't tell you who or when.

~mIp'av