[tlhIngan Hol] KLBC - How to say "I like to do/doing something"

Aurélie Demonchaux demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 05:34:29 PST 2017

Thanks David!

Indeed the lack of tense can be a bit confusing sometimes and it's taking
me a bit of time getting used to.

I'm still working to figure out also how it works with the verb suffixes.

For example, in the 4 possible sentences below, do I get the exact nuances
right?

jIvutpu’ ’e’ vIparHa’
- I like that I cooked (at some point in the past)
- I like that I have cooked (just now)
- I like finishing to cook (maybe implying that this is when I can finally
eat ;)

jIvutta’ ’e’ vIparHa’
- I like that I successfully cooked / that I achieved cooking/ I like
cooking successfully [just now, in the past or in general], with more
emphasis on the achievement (maybe I was cooking something tricky and I
made it)

jIvuttaH ’e’ vIparHa'
- I like cooking (the process of cooking)

jIvutlI’ ’e’ vIparHa'
- I like preparing the meal (with more emphasis on the purpose)

What do you think?

~mughwI'