[tlhIngan Hol] <<poSayDon>> continued

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Feb 1 07:29:48 PST 2017

On 1/31/2017 6:19 PM, Brian Cote wrote:
> Second question: {legh} v {leghpu'}. In the story the only
> chance Poseidon will get to travel the oceans is in the far
> future, in a mythical End of Times. Although for the purposes
> of the story, it _is_ treated like a historical fact. So, my question
> is: can you use {leghpu'} if the event it's referring to (the event
> that brings the hypothetical into the historical) will happen far,
> far in the future?

If I understand what you're saying, then yes. *wa'vatlh nem 'aplo'
poSmoHlu'*/the container will be opened in one hundred years;/*wa'vatlh
nem 'aplo' poSmoHlu'pu'*/the container is opened in one hundred years./
The latter refers to a completed action; the former is explicitly not a
completed action.