[tlhIngan Hol] android pIqaD fonts

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:42:49 PST 2017

I agree that the more fonts we have, the more options we have in order to
produce an aesthetically pleasing text.

The problem though arises with some letters changing so much from font to
font, to the point that they finally appear as being different letters
altogether.

There are various english fonts, with each displaying a different letter
for the english "a". But anyone looking at these fonts can understand that
it is the letter "a".

However, at the various pIqaD fonts some letters change considerably.

If someone has learned (or learnt) only the kli pIqaD, and suddenly sees
the vaHbo' {Q} or the klingon block {S}, I don't think he will understand
what these characters mean to represent.

However, its no problem. As you pointed out (and I agree), its nice to have
alternatives, especially if these alternate pIqaDmey are pleasing to the
eye.

~ nI'ghma