[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qatra'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Dec 27 07:45:46 PST 2017

On 12/27/2017 10:24 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> > qa'            spirit, soul (n)
> > yab            mind, intellect (n)
>
> Have we officially received the glosses (soul and intellect) for the
> respective words ?
>
> I have no idea what a "gloss" is; I hear all the time people using
> this word, so I thought of using it too, although I don't know what it is.

A /gloss/ <http://www.dictionary.com/browse/gloss?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic>
is an explanation, annotation, or translation. You see it in the word
/glossary./ It usually implies a side-note, something that explains a
main text.

I don't think it's exactly the right word for entries in a translation
dictionary, but I don't know what is.