[tlhIngan Hol] android pIqaD fonts

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Dec 14 10:10:03 PST 2017

Am 14.12.2017 um 18:42 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> There are various english fonts, with each displaying a different letter
> for the english "a". But anyone looking at these fonts can understand
> that it is the letter "a".

Oh really? What about "A"? it does not resemble "a" at all. My 6-yo has
learned writing in preschool, but only capital letters. Now in school,
she has tolearn the lower case letters. And it's really hard to
understand that P is p, but d is D. putting that upside down, you get q,
which is Q in uppercase, so just O with a comma. All of that is not very
logical either. And then we even have handwritten letters, which are all
different anyway.
> However, at the various pIqaD fonts some letters change considerably.

Actually, there are only very few.

> However, its no problem. As you pointed out (and I agree), its nice to
> have alternatives, especially if these alternate pIqaDmey are pleasing
> to the eye.

Yes, indeed. And once you got used to reading them, it's easy to red
entire texts too.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"