[tlhIngan Hol] Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sun Dec 3 14:09:05 PST 2017

> {Qapla' tlhorghmoH lujpu'ghach'e'}

I think that’s excellent; of course, success is naturally delicious, but it’s flavor that really brings out the flavor.
One might also consider «jejmoH», but I think that might obscure the meaning a bit.

I also think -ghach works very nicely here; the ability to distinguish betweeen «lujtaHghach» and «lujpu’ghach» plays to the language’s strengths.

That being said, I do think there is one more interpretation of the phrase that is worth considering: That it’s the *possibility* of failure that makes success so sweet, rather than previous experiences of failure:

«Qapla’ tlhorghmoH lujlaHghach’e’.»
«lujlaHbe’chugh vay’, tlhorghbe’ Qapla’.»

(Compare with the saying «bIlujlaHbe’chugh bIQaplaHbe’.»)

//loghaD