[tlhIngan Hol] Hoch in noun-noun constructions

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Dec 1 06:13:30 PST 2017

On 12/1/2017 6:16 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
>> I guess the fact that noone replied, probably means, that there is no
>> definite answer to these questions.

If noone answers doesnot mean there is no answer.

Am 01.12.2017 um 14:48 schrieb SuStel:
> English is about adjective scope and ordering. My English-trained ear
> insists upon {Hoch baS 'In}, but I can't prove that that's correct in
> Klingon.

I agree. I see the {baS 'In} as one word. If you would say it as a
compound noun, the problem would not exist anymore: {Hoch baS'In}

But unless we have canon prrof, we can never be sure. But it doesn't
seem to contradict any rules, so just do it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"