[tlhIngan Hol] STID dialogue

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Aug 28 08:36:16 PDT 2017

Am 28.08.2017 um 15:21 schrieb André Müller:
> {jIHvo' nIHDI' jIbup.} = "When he stole from me, I quit."
>
> This makes a lot of sense in the whole dialogue. I think I will correct
> the dialogue in the Klingon Wiki.

If you do so, then please still add a note that it is unclear or not
confimed.

> Any idea about the other sentence?
> {tlhInganna' naQpu'a' SoH?} = "You are a definite klingon. (?)"

I've listend to this so many times, but just can't understand it. But I
also doubt that he says something like {tlhIngan}. But I just don't know.

> {tlhIngan Da-???-pu''a' SoH?} = "Did you [naq?] a Klingon / the Klingon(s)?"

The end is very clear, {-pu''a' SoH.} For the beginning, I hear
something that may also start with {Da-} or {DI-}, which may also be
possible. The number of syllables is also clear, so the closest I can
get is {DI-ya-na-laQpu''a' SoH}

> Also, is the second line plausible?
> {mughojmoH parmaqqaywI'.} = "My romantic partner has taught me."
>
> Maybe this is referring to the Klingons' surprise upon her speaking
> Klingon, but the sentence seems a bit out of context.

True, he didn't ask for that. Instead of ghoj, maybe she says ghoS,
which would make sense too:
{mughoSmoH parmaqqaywI'.} "he made me come/go here"

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh