[tlhIngan Hol] How to say "I want to be good at Klingon" ?

Aurélie Demonchaux demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 07:21:13 PDT 2017

I have been wondering, what is the best way to convey "I want to be good at
klingon"?

The most accurate verb seems <po'> (be expert, skilled) but I'm not sure
how best to convey the "at" in "expert *at *klingon", how to make the link
between the expertise and the object of said expertise.

Do I just use -vaD ?
1/ < tlhIngan HolvaD jIpo’ vIneH >

or is it best to use some kind of construction with < bop > (be about, be
concerned with), as in "I want to be expert concerning Klingon"?

​2/ ​<
tlhIngan Hol bop
​lu’​
DI’ jIpo’ vIneH
​ >​

​3/ ​<
tlhIngan Hol bop
​lu’​
taHvIS jIpo’ vIneH
​ >​

​4/ < ​
tlhIngan Hol bop
​lu’​
chugh jIpo’ vIneH
​ >​

​5/ ​<
tlhIngan Hol bopwI’vaD jIpo’ vIneH
​ >​

6/ < tlhIngan Hol bopbogh SovvaD jIpo’ vIneH >

What do you think makes the most sense out of these options and what is
just "chatlh" ? Do you have another solution you'd like to suggest on this ?

Satlho’ ! :)