[tlhIngan Hol] Referring to the entire preceding passage

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 18 06:44:48 PDT 2017

Although I prefer chay' bISov?  myself, I remembered this bit of dialogue from ST6 (note Chang’s response):

GROKH:  qay'be'.  Daq SovlaHbe'taH qIrq.
       Kirk cannot know the location of the peace conference.
        {It does not matter ... Kirk cannot know the location.}

CHANG:  DaSovbej'a'?  bISuDrup'a'?
        Are you sure?  Will you take that chance?
        {Are you sure [of that]?...Are you willing to take that
        chance?}

Subtitles as they appeared in the movie. The {curly brackets} are from J.M. Dillard's novelization which may reflect an earlier version of Meyer and Flinn's screenplay used by the novelist in her adaptation.

--Voragh

From: tlhIngan-Hol [mailto:tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org] On Behalf Of SuStel