[tlhIngan Hol] Using :

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:43:54 PDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 17.08.2017 um 17:56 schrieb SuStel:
>
>> So Clipped Klingon is not eloquent, but it is common and used for quick
>> communication. Don't offer Clipped Klingon when people ask for
>> inscriptions, tattoos, or song lyrics, but do use it when speaking casually.
>>

> Although not military situations, one could compare it to "can't" instead
> of "cannot", and "won't" instead of "will not", or even worse "ain't"
> instead of "is not".

I'm not sure that's quite right. "Can't" and "won't" are perfectly
acceptible and grammatical even in formal situations, whereas "ain't" is
still considered incorrect. Clipped Klingon reminds me a lot of the sparse
style used in newspaper headlines, where functional words like articles,
"and" or forms of "to be" get dropped, leaving mostly just the most
important nouns and verbs.