[tlhIngan Hol] Using :

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 17 06:09:22 PDT 2017

Am 17.08.2017 um 14:49 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> In english I can write "these things are:", and after the ":" (which I
> don't know how you call it in english),

A column.

> I can continue by writing what these things are.
> Is it possible to do something similar in klingon?

No, it is not - at least not in the way we like doing this to emphasisze
things, like "And the winner is..."

The basic reson for this is the sentence order, which always names the
object first.

I usually solve this using two phrases, to move the important object to
the end:

{Doch taQ vIleghpu'. puvbogh targh 'oH (Dochvam'e').}

or

{Dochmey vIje'ta'. DaH bIH vIDel: wa', cha', wej}

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh