[tlhIngan Hol] paSlogh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 16 09:30:09 PDT 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: SuStel

On 8/16/2017 10:26 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> The klingon word for "socks" is {paSlogh}. Is this word to be treated
> as being grammatically singular, and is it possible to say "one sock"
> in klingon ? As far as I know, it is unknown if a singular form exists.

maSovbe'.

"Hosiery" may have been a better translation.  See, for example, The Big Bang Theory, "The Lunar Excitation":

SHELDON:  ... I am being blackmailed with a hidden dirty sock.
AMY:          If that was slang, I'm unfamiliar with it. If it was literal,
         	      I share your aversion to soiled hosiery.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons