[tlhIngan Hol] Is Quv singular or plural ?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Aug 9 07:59:52 PDT 2017

On 8/9/2017 10:35 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> Is {Quv} "coordinates" singular or plural ?

Am 09.08.2017 um 16:37 schrieb SuStel:> Yes.

Am 09.08.2017 um 16:42 schrieb ghunchu'wI' 'utlh:
 > As with most Klingon nouns, it can be either.

mayqel's question should have been "Is {Quv} /inherently/ plural?"

I also see this word as one which is basically singular, but only its
english translation is in plural, because "coordinates" consist of
multiple numbers.

So 1 {Quv} may be "100, 200, 300" for instance. While talking about the
coordinates of several planets, which are several groups of coordinates,
I believe that {Quvmey} would work as well.

I only remember the canon phrase
{QuvlIj yIH tu'be'lu'jaj}
"May your coordinates be free of tribbles".
This may include the place you are being at, but also all the places you
are going to visit. It doesn't tell us much about its use though.

Just my two cents. I may be wrong with this.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh