[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS variations

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 07:59:43 PDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:02 AM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> And can we say:
> {la' jaq puS Hoch jaq law'}
> The commander is less bold than all ?
>
> I again tend towards no.

This brings up something I've been wondering about. Is the superlative
construction considered (by Klingons) to be a similar but distinct
construction as the regular comparative, with a fixed structure? Or is the
superlative construction just one example of the comparative, which is
singled out because {DIvI' Hol} considers the superlative a distinct thing?
If it's the latter, I could see {Hoch} being used just fine in the {law'}
position. (So many questions I wish I'd thought of *before* the qep'a'...)