[tlhIngan Hol] HeghmoH

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Aug 4 00:39:18 PDT 2017

Am 04.08.2017 um 08:41 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> I understand the replies given so far, however I can't understand the
> reason which prohibits the full use of {HeghmoH} as a be-verb, i.e.
> its use in the way of {tera' yav 'atlhqam HeghmoH} for "fatal
> mushroom".
> Is this happening because of the presence of {-moH} ?

Yes.

It's basically because it's not a real "be-verb", it's only the
translation that misleadingly includes the verb "be".

I don't remember the source, but it was once confirmed that all verbs
that include a suffix in their definition are basically just a verb plus
a suffix and should be treated as such.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh