[tlhIngan Hol] The {-chuqmoH}

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 07:45:33 PDT 2017

maj.

However, lets return to the {-chuqmoH}. We have the canon sentence
{Qo'noS tuqmey muvchuqmoH qeylIS}.

As you wrote: "There are two ways to interpret muvchuqmoH:
[muvchuq]moH he (singular subject) causes them (plural object) to join
each other and [muv]chuq[moH] they (plural, reflexive subject) cause
each other to join."

So, if I understand correctly what has been explained so far, then the
following two sentences are correct:

{verengan Duj vIHIvchuqmoH jIH}
I caused the ferengi ships to attack each other

{HIvchuqmoH verengan Duj}
the ferengi ships caused each other to attack each other

But if I wrote:

{verengan Duj luHIvchuqmoH cha' Duj nov}
two alien ships caused each other to attack the ferengi ship

{verengan Duj DIHIvchuqmoH maH tlhIH je}
We and you caused each other to attack the ferengi ships

Then both of these sentences are wrong.

Is my understanding correct ?

qunnoq