[tlhIngan Hol] mIS (n) mIS (v) and mISmoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 22 11:04:35 PDT 2017

{'urgh}   “jab,  poke” (v) (qepHom 2012)
Surely an {‘urghwI’} would be a (fireplace) poker, not the card game?  <g>  Has it been so used at a qepHom?

And before qunnoq asks… {‘echletHom} is one of those little instruction cards used in Klingon Monopoly and {Quj ‘echlet} was the “game board” Monopoly is played on.  {‘echlet} alone means “board” – also used in {nItlh 'echlet} computer keyboard, {QongDaq ‘echlet tun} mattress”, {rItlh 'echlet} ink pad, {'eQway’ ‘echlet} mouse pad, {'echlet Hab} touchpad.

--Voragh

From: qurgh lungqIj

{‘echletHommey} is, but poker (the game) is actually called {'urghwI'}.

qurgh

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 1:48 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com<mailto:mihkoun at gmail.com>> wrote:
voragh:
> shuffling cards {‘echletHommey} for poker *{poQ’ar}

I need to ask.. If I don't ask, I'll explode ! So, here goes..

Are the {‘echletHommey} for cards (poker cards) and {poQ'ar} for poker, canon ?

qunnoq