[tlhIngan Hol] Who does {-oy} show endearment to

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 17 07:13:25 PDT 2017

Am 17.08.2017 um 16:06 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> Someone says: {vIghro' leghbe' vavoywI'} for "my daddy didn't see the
> cat". The one who says this sentence, expresses endearment toward her
> father.

You should, just as me, check KGT again for this topic. As far as I
remember, this endearment is only used between the loved ones.

Compare it to the usage in english of adults, where it seems a bit
strange when someone would talk of his "daddy" or "mommy". Children
would do that, but I would say that may father visited me yesterday, not
my daddy - even if I would call him like that.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh