[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: cheH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 14 11:44:12 PDT 2017

“Act against” comes from SkyBox S26:

  ngoQvam luchavmeH ghawran maghpu' be'nI'pu'. woQ
   luSuqmeH jIjpu' chaH romuluSngan'e' je.
  To this end, the sisters have acted against Gowron,
   going as far as to work with Romulan factions in
   order to gain power. (S26)

Okrand otherwise translates {magh} as “betray”:

  mumaghpu'
  He/she has betrayed me. (KGT)

  wo' Damagh 'ej bIHegh
  Die betraying the Empire. (MKE)
  qorDu'wIj quvmo' jImaghpu'
  The reason of my betrayal was my family honor (PB)

FYI there’s also an untranslated example shouted out in ST6 during the attack on Kronos One:

  <numagh>
  [They've betrayed us! (untr.)] (ST6?)
--Voragh

From: tlhIngan-Hol [mailto:tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org] On Behalf Of mayqel qunenoS
voragh:
> magh betray, act against  (v)

Does {magh} mean "act against' too ? I thought it's only meaning was "betray".

qunnoq