[tlhIngan Hol] Reversing the order of {-vo'}

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 10 09:39:02 PDT 2017

> On 8/10/2017 11:52 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
>> What I'm trying to understand (and the more this thread continues, the
>> "trying" becomes "struggling"), is why -as De'vID wrote- "the pattern
>> is {X-vo' Y-Daq chegh} and not {Y-Daq X-vo' chegh}".

Hm, sorry for repeating if that's what I wrote in my previous message.

Am 10.08.2017 um 18:25 schrieb SuStel:
> canonical examples of *X-vo' Y-Daq OVS* and none of *Y-Daq X-vo' OVS.*
> The answer to your question is "that's just the way it is."

Sometimes, things are just as they are and why should you change it. In
English, you also go "from here to there" and saying that you go "to
there from here" sounds strange (to me at least).

Maybe it's just some kind of speaking logic? First mentioning where you
start, and the target comes after?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh