[tlhIngan Hol] Reversing the order of {-vo'}

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 11:56:51 PDT 2017

On 9 Aug 2017 9:26 pm, "De'vID" <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

On Aug 9, 2017 19:14, "mayqel qunenoS" <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

De'vID:
> {vaS'a'vo' tera'Daq DIvI' ra'ghom qachDaq chegh}
> {tera'Daq DIvI' ra'ghom qachDaq vaS'a'vo' chegh}
> Where is {vaS'a'} located in each sentence?

I have to admit that these sentences confuse me.

However, in the first sentence, I think that the {vaS'a'} is located on
earth,

qatlh 'e' DaQub?

hmm.. perhaps I realize the problem.. I read together the words {vaS'a'vo'
tera'Daq}, independently from the rest of the sentence, translating
erroneously the construction "from the great hall which is on earth".

So, maybe, at this first sentence the subject of {chegh} is at the great
hall, and from there he is returning to the {DIvI' ra'ghom qach}.

while at the second sentence, the {vaS'a} is located at the building of the
federation's ra'ghom.

Initially I wrote this, but later I revised it and wrote:

The {vaS'a'} is located at the subject of the {chegh). The subject of the
{chegh} is returning to earth, to the building of the federation's ra'ghom,
having as his starting point the {vaS'a'}

So, my new answer is that at both of the sentences the {vaS'a'} is located
at the location of the subject of {chegh}, and from there the subject does
the returning.

Would you agree with these new conclusions ?

qunnoq