[tlhIngan Hol] We got words for a Spiral, now what to do with them...

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 11:01:00 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:46 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> On 8/9/2017 1:39 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
>
> maj !
>
> And finally, would you accept {pov Dung}, for the "area above is
> excellent" ?
>
> Yes, with the caveat that if *Hay* typically requires a companion noun,
> maaaaaaaaybe the other "area" nouns do too, but I wouldn't hold anyone to
> it, including myself.

It might just be a semantic issue. Other locational nouns seem to either
imply a direction or are used with an implied {naDev}, so something like
{DungDaq} on its own could perhaps be used for "upwards, towards a general
above-area" or "above here". But the notion of "beyond" doesn't really
imply a direction, and it's defined relative to "here" so you'd need to
reference a second point. With the right context you could probably get
away with a lone {Hay}. {HayDaq ngem wIchIq} makes sense to me, for
instance.