[tlhIngan Hol] The {-chuqmoH}

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:52:32 PDT 2017

jIH:
> {HIvchuqmoH verengan Duj}
> the ferengi ships caused each other to attack each other
ghunchu'wI':
> That last one is the Ferengi ships cause each other to attack or the Ferengi ship
> causes someone unspecified to attack each other. In neither case does the subject attack itself.

I'm afraid can't understand this; why can't the subject (which in our
example is two ships) attack itself ?

SuStel:
> [muv]chuq[moH] they (plural, reflexive subject) cause each other to join.

And if the subject can't act on itself, then the above actually means
"they (plural, reflexive subject) cause each other to join a third
party (and not each other)" ?

qunnoq