[tlhIngan Hol] wa'logh as a timestamp

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 08:05:17 PDT 2017

You're conflating two meanings of the English word "once": "happening one
time" and "at some time in the past". (The two meanings are probably
related etymologically, but they're distinct now.)

{wa'logh loDnI' maH} would mean "We are brothers one time; there is one
occurrence of us being brothers".

You want something that suggests the past more explicitly like:
{'op ben loDnI' maH} "Some years ago, we were brothers."
{'op ret loDnI' maH} "Some unspecified amount of time ago, we were
brothers." ({'op ret} might be controversial.)
{loDnI' maHpu'} "We have been brothers; we have completed being brothers."
{loDnI' maH rIntaH} "We are finished being brothers."