[tlhIngan Hol] Sentence as object using {'oH}

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 24 03:38:10 PDT 2017

Am 22.08.2017 um 13:04 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> I was wondering if the following is correct:
>
> {chabHommeylIj Sopta' vIghro'wIj 'oH vIt'e'}
> The truth is my cat ate your cookies

You should add a colon to your english, and that will give you the
Klingon answer:

The truth is: my cat ate your cookies.
chabHommeylIj Sopta' vIghro'wIj. vIt 'oH.

I'm not saying this answers your question, but it's one way of many to
solve your problem.

One other thing that came to my mind: if you add "that" to the english
phrase (it is true /that/...) I began to think about using the verb
{teH} to say "it is true that..." like {Sopta' 'e' teH}. But that does
not work; we know that {'e'} is used with verbs of thinking or
observation like "see", "know" etc. I'm sure {teH} is not one of that
kind, so that does not work. (although it would nice to have)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh