[tlhIngan Hol] mIS (n) mIS (v) and mISmoH

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 07:51:00 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 2:18 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> > "Maltz said the card games he’d seen on Earth were all new to him and
> didn’t match up with any
> > Klingon games he was familiar with.  Nevertheless, he’d become rather
> fond of one game, which
> > he calls ’urghwI’ (“one that jabs or pokes”), a name he made up based on
> what he thought the Federation
> > Standard name of the game was (but other Klingons probably would not
> understand this word in this sense)"
>
> Are the above a direct quote from 'oqranD ?

Well, I wouldn't have quoted it if it weren't, that's not helpful to
anybody. It's from De'vID's post to the mailing list on November 16th,
2014, titled "[Tlhingan-hol] geometry and card games". If you don't have it
in your emails, you can find it here
<http://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/2014/November/msg00075.html>, although the
formatting is screwy.