[tlhIngan Hol] question words in noun-noun constructions

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 07:03:54 PDT 2017

'oqranD:
> jarlIj qaq nuq?
> The answer to the question yIH nuq? ("What is a tribble?") would presumably be a
> definition or description of a tribble.  This being the case, then, the answer to the question
> jarlIj qaq nuq?  ("What is your preferable month?") would presumably be a definition of "your
> favorite month".

According the above, the answer to the {qaq nuq wornagh Sar ?},
wouldn't be "the name of the preferable variety", but "the definition
of the preferable variety".

However, would we have the same problem, if instead of the verb {qaq}
we had another verb ?

If we wrote {DuropmoH nuq wornagh Sar ?} for "which ale variety made
you sick ?", would we have the same problem ? I mean, would this
actually ask for "the definition of the variety which made you sick" ?

qunnoq