[tlhIngan Hol] We got words for a Spiral, now what to do with them...

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Aug 16 06:06:45 PDT 2017

On 8/16/2017 4:50 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> mupwI':
>> Antares vertaHbogh vIHtaHghach'a'
> SuStel:
>> I'm not fond of this; it looks like a very forced -ghach. How about just saying Antares mI'rab'a'
> What do you mean by saying "a very forced -ghach" ?

Someone was trying hard to turn *vIH* into a noun and turned to the only
tool they could find that does that in vaguely the right way.

*-ghach* is meant to be used when you're primarily interested in the
intervening verb suffix. People often toss a *-taH* in there just to
satisfy the requirement that there be a suffix there, and this is bad
practice.

When you combine this verb with this suffix, what is the "thing" that
results? That's what *-ghach* is supposed to answer.