[tlhIngan Hol] Proper use of adverbial {je}

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 07:47:15 PDT 2017

De'vID:
> nuqjatlh? Where does it say the same verb has to be
> repeated twice?

Perhaps I made the wrong choice of words. I meant that according to tkd,
the adverbial {je} comes after a verb and that's it. We have a single verb,
which remains the same (regardless of how many times it has been repeated
in a dialogue/passage), with the subject and/or object possibly changing.

guy 1: qalegh
guy 2: qalegh too

(two guys having seen each other, or guy 2 saying to guy 1 that he saw him
and someone else or others too).

The question which led to this thread, was whether we could have a use of
the adverbial {je}, in this way:

{Su'IH. 'ej Suwoch je}
You are beautiful. And you are also tall.

This is what I meant by writting "two different verbs".

qunnoq

On 15 Aug 2017 5:33 pm, "De'vID" <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

On 15 August 2017 at 16:26, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I understand the adverbial use of {je}, as it is described in tkd, and
as
> nIqolay Q explained, we need to have the same verb, repeated twice.

nuqjatlh? Where does it say the same verb has to be repeated twice?

The example in TKD is {qaleghpu' je}. There's no repetition of {legh}.

--
De'vID