[tlhIngan Hol] Opposite of HochHom?

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:38:53 PDT 2017

On 15 August 2017 at 10:53, Aurélie Demonchaux
<demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering, wouldn't <pagh’a’> convey "absolutely nothing / absolute
> nothingness"?

That's how I would interpret it: the great void, absolute vacuum, etc.

I would think that the "logical opposite" of, e.g., {tera' vatlh DIS
poH cha'maH wej HochHom} "most of the (Terran) 23rd century", would be
something like {tera' vatlh DIS poH cha'maH wej 'ay'Hom} "some small
part of the 23rd century".

On 15 August 2017 at 09:55, Anthony Appleyard
<a.appleyard at btinternet.com> wrote:
> The word HochHom is well known'
> [...]
> i.e. "small all".
>
> Is there any chance for what seems to me to be a logical opposite to it?:-
>
> pagh'a'

*{tera' vatlh DIS poH cha'maH wej pagh'a'} ???"absolutely none of the
23rd century"???

Doesn't work for me.

--
De'vID