[tlhIngan Hol] Reversing the order of {-vo'}

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:42:45 PDT 2017

On 11 August 2017 at 01:54, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
> I left it out for exactly the reason I stated: you don't need it to see what
> the role of X-Daq Y-vo' V seems to be when X is of a greater scope than Y. I
> wasn't continuing to describe your scenario.

This was the point I was trying to make with my sentences, which in
retrospect were more complicated than necessary to illustrate the
point.

{vaS'a'vo' tera'Daq chegh} "he/she returns from the Great Hall to Earth"
{tera'Daq vaS'a'vo' chegh} does this mean "on Earth, he/she returns
from the Great Hall" or "he/she returns to Earth from the Great Hall"?

The latter feels like it's saying that {vaS'a'} is located on Earth.
WIth {X-vo' Y-Daq chegh}, this ambiguity does not exist.

--
De'vID