[tlhIngan Hol] Multiple nouns with {-Daq} in a row [SPOILER ALERT]

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 10 11:38:27 PDT 2017

[SPOILER ALERT]

Am 10.08.2017 um 20:28 schrieb De'vID:
> {ghIq chalDaq HovDaq SIq qeylIS 'ej jatlh pa' DaqHomvetlh wovDaq
> HInej} (Star Trek: Discovery)

Oh, that's why you asked for canon from DSC :-)

To be precise, I don't read that as "a star in the sky", but more like
to locatives "to the sky, to a star...".

I really doubt that Qov would have overseen such a mistake, and besides,
it's cler that a star is at the sky, so {chal Hov} is redundant.

> Untranslated, but clearly a translation of <Then Kahless pointed to a
> star in the sky and said, "Look for me there... on that point of
> light."> from the TNG episode "Rightful Heir"

So if it's a mistake, see it as {no' Hol}, because that's a very old
story of Kahless!

For those interested, here's where the phrase is coming from. But note
the spoiler alert:
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/PIqaDUsedInDiscovery

--
Lieven L. Litaer