[tlhIngan Hol] Multiple nouns with {-Daq} in a row

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 11:28:38 PDT 2017

On 10 August 2017 at 19:12, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> FYI qunnoq,  just in case nobody has mentioned these examples…
>
>   tlhIngan juHqo'Daq tlhIng yoSDaq 'oH toQDuj chenmoHlu'meH Daq wa'DIch'e'
>   1st Construction Site: The Kling District, Klingon Home World.  (KBoP)

{ghIq chalDaq HovDaq SIq qeylIS 'ej jatlh pa' DaqHomvetlh wovDaq
HInej} (Star Trek: Discovery)
Untranslated, but clearly a translation of <Then Kahless pointed to a
star in the sky and said, "Look for me there... on that point of
light."> from the TNG episode "Rightful Heir"
http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/249.htm

>   poSDaq nIHDaq je QamtaHvIS SuvwI'pu', chaH jojDaq yItnIS lopwI'
>   The initiate must pass through a gauntlet of warriors.  (S9)
>   (“while warriors stand on the left side and the right side, …”)

This is slightly different than a chain of {-Daq}s, as there is a conjunction.

--
De'vID