[tlhIngan Hol] Using object prefix with {-vo'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Aug 9 08:14:59 PDT 2017

On 8/9/2017 10:57 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> {juH vIjaH} "I go to the house" = correct
> {juHDaq vIjaH} "I go to the house" = correct but redundant
> {juHvo' jIjaH} "I go away from the house" = correct
> {juHvo' vIjaH} "I go away from the house" = awkward and maybe
> wrong/problematic.

I don't want to overstate the last one. It may be perfectly good. It
doesn't FEEL particularly bad to me. But when you think carefully about
what it means, it doesn't seem to add up.

I would be much more inclined to accept *juHvo' vIghoS* as correct but
redundant, because *ghoS* encompasses both /locative/ and /away/
meanings in its object.