[tlhIngan Hol] We got words for a Spiral, now what to do with them...

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Aug 9 06:34:35 PDT 2017

On 8/9/2017 9:27 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> Is there any chance that 'oqranD, by saying the "beyond X", was
> describing an exception with regards to the use of {Hay}, as compared
> with the rest of the similar nouns ? (Dung, bIngDaq, retlh, etc..)
>
> Because I too (or is it "me too" ?), would use the {Hay} exactly as
> you did, i.e. placing it last. But this quote from 'oqranD makes me
> wonder, whether there is here an exception at work.

/I too./

I think he was just explaining how area nouns work, in case we weren't
sure or were thinking the word was an adjective. Maybe *Hay* is more
restrictive than other area nouns: sometimes you might use the word
*DungDaq* to mean /upward,/ but Okrand might be saying that you don't
use *Hay* all by itself; you wouldn't say *HayDaq* to mean an
unspecified /to the beyond./