[tlhIngan Hol] Can the {'ar} be used on its own ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 04:26:40 PDT 2017

Can the {'ar} be used on its own, or is it absolutely necessary to always
follow a noun ?

And because it is almost certain, that someone will say "if it doesn't
follow a noun, then how will the reader know how many of what/who you
inquire about ?".

Then I will reply saying, that it is possible for the context of the text
to specify what it is what we are inquiring about, without repeating it
again.

If for instance, the text speaks of a number of officers defying orders,
then can we say:

{HeQQo' 'ar ?}
How many refused to comply ?

qunnoq