[tlhIngan Hol] neH after nouns with type 5 suffixes

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 07:56:22 PDT 2017

> Dung qo' pawDI' qeylIS qorDu' je ta''e' neH bop bommey.
> Upon reaching the upper world, no one could speak of anything, but
> the deeds of Kahless and his kin.  (PB)

I can't say I understand the addition of {-'e'} on the {ta'}. Because
of the {neH}, the meaning is already clear: "no one could speak of
*anything but* the deeds". Why add {-'e'} on the {ta'} ? To emphasize
the word deeds ? The translation doesn't emphasize the "deeds"; it
emphasizes the "anything but".

qunnoq