[tlhIngan Hol] ST Discovery - how to watch

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Aug 7 06:43:29 PDT 2017

> Would it be, though? I think it would be useful to see how the new words are
> translated into a variety of languages — it would give us a better sense of their
> ranges of meanings.

That would assume that the subtitle writers are translating directly from Klingon, however, or that they have access to detailed notes about the Klingon words; both cases are quite improbable, I think.

Now, translating them on your own, on the other hand, could be quite useful, as it can sometimes reveal cases where the English translation has multiple possible meanings, or is unusually precise.